POWERFUL – worth EVERY MINUTE of the 14 it will take you to watch this video.
The Christian Home and Family Podcast – an update
You may not know, but I have put together another site focusing on Christian home and family life – in fact, that’s the name of the site!
Part of what I’m doing over there is producing a podcast, that at this point comes out every-other Monday (next one is scheduled to come out on October 1, 2012). So far, here are the topics I’ve covered:
- Episode 1 – 4 steps for developing God’s vision for your home
- Episode 2 – Thinking outside the box about family mission trips (with Carl Walker of En Gedi Retreat)
- Episode 3 – Financial advice for the Christian family (with Glen Stienson of Stewardship Weekly)
- Episode 4 – Establishing daily devotions for kids – part 1 (with my 3 oldest kids – Aaron, Melinda, and Madeline)
- Episode 5 – Establishing daily devotions for kids – part 2 (with my 3 oldest kids – Aaron, Melinda, and Madeline)
- Episode 6 – The bible’s blueprint for marriage (message audio from the church where I serve)
- And the upcoming episode is “The Apostle Paul’s Prescription for Parenting”
I have future episodes that I’m working on which include these topics:
- Health Stewardship for the brain (an interview with Dr. Alfred N. Green… my big bubba!)
- Christian families in a sexually saturated culture (an interview with Brad Hambrick)
- Sharing the gospel with your children (an interview with Rev. Barney Kinard – AKA “The Kid Helper”)
- and one other top-secret, not yet-arranged interview that is in the works (you can pray about this one to come through!)
So far there have been almost 1000 downloads of these 6 episodes, in 14 different countries, and 65 different cities around the globe! It has been very, very encouraging!
You can help!
It would truly be encouraging if you could do FOUR THINGS for me in relation to this podcast:
- Suggest people for me to interview on the podcast. If you know them and I don’t, feel free to make the introduction. If you don’t know them, tell me why they’d be a great guest, show me how to find them, and I’m not shy about asking!
- Subscribe to it. You can do that in a variety of ways, depending on your preferences… Itunes, zune, stitcher, miro player, or in your favorite mobile phone podcatcher – I’m using Pocket Casts and LOVING it!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHRISTIAN HOME AND FAMILY PODCAST
- Leave me a rating and feedback on Itunes… that will help the podcast rank higher in the Itunes search monster! You can do that by clicking on the previous link or the picture below!
- And I’d love to hear from you… what do you think about the podcast? Suggestions? Critique? Encouragement (I can always use that)?
This morning as I was tooling around the I-tunes store seeking a new podcast to listen to, I found this! It’s my other blog’s podcast!
It’s under the podcasts>audio>Kids & Family>New & Noteworthy category!
If you’ve not checked out the Christian Home and Family Podcast – go do it now and help me spread the vision for Christ-centered homes!
A children’s book
I wrote it for my kids, and I don’t even remember what sparked the idea. I didn’t have any goal or purpose in mind for the “theme” of the book. I just wrote it. As you can tell, if you look it over, I was heavily influenced by Dr. Seuss, my childhood favorite. By the way, who DIDN’T like Dr. Seuss?
It’s called, “The Great Smizzmozzel Bash.” The original was bound in a 3-ring binder with the pages in sheet-protectors (we still have it at home). And all the illustrations were done using MS Paint (c) and a mouse.
Yes, it took a very, VERY long time.
Recently, for those same mysterious, unknown reasons as prompted me to write it in the first place – I got the urge to make it a bit more “professional” – so I set it up to be printed (paper-back). It’s now available… if you care to check it out – including a free ‘SNEAK PEAK” of the first part.
Over at my other site I recently did a podcast interview that was so good I had to hold back the tears while I was recording it.
You’d be in the same shoes if you were interviewing 3 of your wonderful kids about God’s faithfulness to them in their Quiet Times.
I’d love for you to take a listen to this 2 part interview.
This coming Saturday my wife and I (and my in-laws) are all heading to California to take my oldest daughter, Melinda, to college at Calvary Chapel Bible College in San Diego. It should be a fun road-trip (still trying to get the Suburban in shape to go), and we are all looking forward to it.
Thinking toward this trip reminds me of the unexpected response I had to leaving my oldest son, Aaron (Mel’s older brother) at school a few years back. I was surprised by the amount of emotion that welled up in me when I left him. He was ready. I was glad he was leaving the nest. I was confident in his ability and character – and more so in the LORD’s work in his life. Still, I started crying like a baby when I hugged him goodbye.
Is it going to be the same with Melinda? Probably. I have no reason to think it won’t.
Some things that come to mind as I think about the week ahead…
- Melinda has been nothing but a joy the past 18 (almost 19) years.
- The LORD has been so faithful to her, and thus to us (or is it the other way around?).
- She’s going to LOVE the college atmosphere (she is great with people).
- The LORD is going to move her ahead in ways she couldn’t at home – and I’m glad for that.
- I’m going to miss her – a TON.
You may not have heard, but I’ve launched an additional web ministry – Christian Home and Family. It’s got the typical blog, resources, a prayer wall, videos, and a podcast… and it’s going pretty well so far.
I am very excited about a two-part interview I did with my 3 older kids regarding the role of parents in helping their children develop the habit of daily Quiet Time… and the goal of that practice, ongoing relationship with the LORD.
I also have another upcoming interview (October) with a very high profile Christian businessman that I can’t disclose fully - yet. But you’ll be among the first to hear about it when I can!
Anyway, could you help me out with a little bit of “social proof?”
- Go to my podcast page
- Subscribe to the podcast
- Listen and then RATE the podcast (at the bottom)
- Leave a comment (at the bottom)
All of these things will help me rank higher in the I-tunes directory, and therefore come across the radar of many more people that the podcast may help.
And who knows, you may benefit from the podcasts you listen to as well!
Can you help me out? – Thanks!
We had a great Sunday together this last week, and this is the audio of our sermon from the morning.
The latest sermon covers Ephesians 6:1-4
LOVING SUBMISSION: EXAMPLE #2 – FAMILY
Over at my other site, I got the podcast going (finally). Episode 1 is now live and on Itunes, Zune, and other platforms.
I’d appreciate any suggestions, subscriptions, comments, or help you can give in passing the word along about this new ministry venture!
Introducing Christian Home and Family
I’ve been working on a new web-venture… and TODAY IS THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH! It’s a ministry endeavor aimed at using the great blessing the LORD has poured out on my family to bring an even broader blessing to others! It’s Christian Home and Family with Carey Green!
It’s designed to help followers of Christ make Christ the center of their home. Drawing on my experience of God’s grace in my own home and family, and my knowledge of the scriptures, I’m providing teaching, coaching, and resources that are truly helpful in making godly sense of the mess that family life can be.
My approach is very simple: All of life is an act of stewardship. Every believer in Christ is responsible before God to make the most of the life and resources God has entrusted them with, for His glory. Our stewardship before God over arches every aspect of who we are – spirit, soul, and body – and I’m working to help believers in Christ faithfully carry out that stewardship individually, and in respect to those under their care.
My instruction focuses on those three areas – spirit, soul, and body – and their relationship to the everyday issues of home and family life… marriage, parenting, communication, household organization, life management, education, and many others.
I truly feel this is a “calling” for me… on the same level as my calling to the Pastorate. God has placed this on my heart so strong, so heavy, and so passionately… I LOVE IT!
Christian Home and Family already includes:
- Regular blog posts (3 to 5 times a week) – subscribe!
- Topical indexes (Family Foundations, Spirit Health, Soul Health, Body Health, Marriage, Parenting, Education, Reviews)
- Resources & other services
- Parenting, marriage, or family coaching
- Prayer Wall (leave your request any time)
- On-site voice mail to leave me your question or suggestion!
Coming in the near future:
- The Christian Home and Family Podcast (debuts within the next two weeks)
- A possible “User Forum” to discuss home and family issues from a Christian perspective (what do you think… would that be helpful?)
I’m excited… but open to any and all ideas you have to shoot my way!
Your help is needed!
You can help me in the following ways…
- Use the various contact forms to shoot me suggestions or comments aimed toward helping me improve the site.
- Help me spread the word! You know and rub shoulders with many who I may never have the chance to meet. Please consider recommending the website through your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.) as well as your personal relationships.
- Help me contact guests for the podcast! I’d love to interview people like Dennis Rainey and James Dobson (if you know them, could you make the introduction?). But I’m also interested in interviewing anyone you know who has significant, Christ-honoring things to share about Christian home and family life. Could you introduce me and suggest the interview?
- Subscribe to the blog, either via email or in your favorite reader. It makes a difference to new visitors if I have 4 subscribers or 40 or 400. They will be influenced to join by your presence.
- Join in the conversation by commenting at the end of the posts. The more commenters I have, the more others are encouraged to join in.
- Share the posts you like with others, via the sharing buttons at the bottom of each one. This is another “social proof” issue, where others are more likely to share posts they see have already been shared.
- “Like” and pass along my Facebook page! – www.ChristianHomeAndFamily.com/facebook – Many people are influenced by the number of “likes” a Facebook page has. They will be more likely to check out what I’m doing if I have more “likes”…so “like” me!
- Pass along resources on the site to others! – If you find something on the Christian Home and Family website that you find helpful, pass it along!
- Add this ministry project to your prayer list! – I truly want to see the LORD do His work through these efforts… your prayers will help!
Any additional suggestions or comments?