You may not have heard, but I’ve launched an additional web ministry – Christian Home and Family. It’s got the typical blog, resources, a prayer wall, videos, and a podcast… and it’s going pretty well so far.
I am very excited about a two-part interview I did with my 3 older kids regarding the role of parents in helping their children develop the habit of daily Quiet Time… and the goal of that practice, ongoing relationship with the LORD.
I also have another upcoming interview (October) with a very high profile Christian businessman that I can’t disclose fully - yet. But you’ll be among the first to hear about it when I can!
Anyway, could you help me out with a little bit of “social proof?”
- Go to my podcast page
- Subscribe to the podcast
- Listen and then RATE the podcast (at the bottom)
- Leave a comment (at the bottom)
All of these things will help me rank higher in the I-tunes directory, and therefore come across the radar of many more people that the podcast may help.
And who knows, you may benefit from the podcasts you listen to as well!
Can you help me out? – Thanks!
After some breaks for various Sunday events we’ve resumed our sermon series through the book of Ephesians – IF/THEN.
The latest sermon covers Ephesians 5:18-33.
LOVING SUBMISSION: EXAMPLE #1 – MARRIAGE
Introducing Christian Home and Family
I’ve been working on a new web-venture… and TODAY IS THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH! It’s a ministry endeavor aimed at using the great blessing the LORD has poured out on my family to bring an even broader blessing to others! It’s Christian Home and Family with Carey Green!
It’s designed to help followers of Christ make Christ the center of their home. Drawing on my experience of God’s grace in my own home and family, and my knowledge of the scriptures, I’m providing teaching, coaching, and resources that are truly helpful in making godly sense of the mess that family life can be.
My approach is very simple: All of life is an act of stewardship. Every believer in Christ is responsible before God to make the most of the life and resources God has entrusted them with, for His glory. Our stewardship before God over arches every aspect of who we are – spirit, soul, and body – and I’m working to help believers in Christ faithfully carry out that stewardship individually, and in respect to those under their care.
My instruction focuses on those three areas – spirit, soul, and body – and their relationship to the everyday issues of home and family life… marriage, parenting, communication, household organization, life management, education, and many others.
I truly feel this is a “calling” for me… on the same level as my calling to the Pastorate. God has placed this on my heart so strong, so heavy, and so passionately… I LOVE IT!
Christian Home and Family already includes:
- Regular blog posts (3 to 5 times a week) – subscribe!
- Topical indexes (Family Foundations, Spirit Health, Soul Health, Body Health, Marriage, Parenting, Education, Reviews)
- Resources & other services
- Parenting, marriage, or family coaching
- Prayer Wall (leave your request any time)
- On-site voice mail to leave me your question or suggestion!
Coming in the near future:
- The Christian Home and Family Podcast (debuts within the next two weeks)
- A possible “User Forum” to discuss home and family issues from a Christian perspective (what do you think… would that be helpful?)
I’m excited… but open to any and all ideas you have to shoot my way!
Your help is needed!
You can help me in the following ways…
- Use the various contact forms to shoot me suggestions or comments aimed toward helping me improve the site.
- Help me spread the word! You know and rub shoulders with many who I may never have the chance to meet. Please consider recommending the website through your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.) as well as your personal relationships.
- Help me contact guests for the podcast! I’d love to interview people like Dennis Rainey and James Dobson (if you know them, could you make the introduction?). But I’m also interested in interviewing anyone you know who has significant, Christ-honoring things to share about Christian home and family life. Could you introduce me and suggest the interview?
- Subscribe to the blog, either via email or in your favorite reader. It makes a difference to new visitors if I have 4 subscribers or 40 or 400. They will be influenced to join by your presence.
- Join in the conversation by commenting at the end of the posts. The more commenters I have, the more others are encouraged to join in.
- Share the posts you like with others, via the sharing buttons at the bottom of each one. This is another “social proof” issue, where others are more likely to share posts they see have already been shared.
- “Like” and pass along my Facebook page! – www.ChristianHomeAndFamily.com/facebook – Many people are influenced by the number of “likes” a Facebook page has. They will be more likely to check out what I’m doing if I have more “likes”…so “like” me!
- Pass along resources on the site to others! – If you find something on the Christian Home and Family website that you find helpful, pass it along!
- Add this ministry project to your prayer list! – I truly want to see the LORD do His work through these efforts… your prayers will help!
Any additional suggestions or comments?
I’m thinking about “blogging” my couple’s marriage devotional, “The Marriage Improvement Project” for anyone who would commit to doing it for the sake of their own marriage. If you don’t know about the MIP, it’s a couple’s devotional study I’ve put together that has helped many couples I’ve counseled. It’s designed for both spouses to go through together, with some discussion built in.
The way I’d go about it is that I’d post one day’s devotional at a time, at an interval of every other day.
AND I’D BE DOING THIS TOTALLY FREE!
- Saturday: I “blog” the “How To Use This Book” chapter
- Monday: I “blog” the day 1 study
- Wednesday: I “blog” the day 2 study
- Friday: I “blog” the day 3 study
- Sunday: I “blog” the day 4 study
- Tuesday: etc. – you get the idea… until Day 40 is done.
I’m curious what you think…
Would you do the work of improving YOUR marriage if I posted it? Talk to your spouse and let me know through the comments below! If you don’t see it posted at a later date… nobody was interested.
Books from the PF Journal..
There are tell-tale signs, or better said, small little “erosions” that happen bit by bit that lead to adultery. They begin in the marriage relationship itself, and then are exaggerated and exploited by things outside the marriage relationship. And you’d better believe that satan is involved (yes, I know I didn’t capitalize his name… he doesn’t deserve it).
This article, entitled “How an affair begins” is a good reminder for every married couple… read it.
The E-book “Rid of My Disgrace” is free from The Resurgence Store for a limited time (April 2-3, 2012).
Here’s the blurb from the back of the book:
The statistics are jarring. One in four women and one in six men are or will be victims of sexual assault in their lifetime. But as sobering as the statistics are, they don’t begin to speak to the darkness and grief experienced by these victims. Because sexual assault causes physical, psychological, emotional, and spiritual pain, victims need clear help, hope, and healing. In Rid of My Disgrace, a couple experienced in counseling victims of sexual assault explains how the grace of God can heal the broken and restore the disgraced.
Justin and Lindsey Holcomb outline an approach for moving from destruction to redemption. While avoiding platitudes and shallow theology, Rid of My Disgrace combines biblical and theological depth with up-to-date research. This book is primarily written for those who have been assaulted (either as children or adults) but also equips family, friends, pastors, and others to care for victims in ways that are compassionate, practical, and informed. Part of the Re:Lit series.
I’m finishing up a time of rest (sabbatical)
so I’ve pre-scheduled this post for your encouragement!
One of the blogs I subscribe to is the “gender blog” from the Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. Recently there was a great series of posts from one Christian woman about her struggle to understand and appreciate the Bible’s teaching on the dreaded “S” word – submission. I thought you might like to read it…
You can find it HERE
I’m on sabbatical (translation: I’m resting),
so this is a pre-scheduled post for your encouragement, education and enjoyment!
My wife has led studies through this book numerous times… and it has always yielded great fruit in the individual lives of those who have taken it seriously. I can’t recommend this book strongly enough ladies.
And men… you’d be well-served to read it too! It would help you to help your wife to actually BE the wife and mother God desires.
Just a suggestion… “The Marriage Improvement Project” would make a great Christmas gift (one that really matters) for the couple in your life who could use some help understanding God’s design for marriage. E-book copies are free, and hard-copy is very affordable with discounts for multiple copies. You can find it at the “RESOURCE” page at the top of this blog!
A bit ahead of schedule,
the Marriage Improvement Project has gone to print!
It’s available for purchase (hard-copy) and FREE download (E-book pdf).
This book is a hands-on, “get ‘er done” type of book… walking married couples through some of the foundational biblical truths upon which marriage is built! It is designed for couples to work through together, so two copies of the book are suggested! At a discounted price for two, anyone can afford this helpful, marriage-building resource!
Here’s the blurb from the back cover…
IS IT TIME FOR A MARRIAGE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT?
Marriage was created by God to be a wonderful blessing, to every married couple and to the watching world… but time, sin, and our culture can make keeping your marriage in good repair difficult at best. In The Marriage Improvement Project (MIP), Pastor Carey Green draws on the word of God, his own marriage, and years of pastoral and marriage counseling to teach some of the foundational truths of how God intends marriage to be. The MIP is designed for spouses to complete separately (separate copies are helpful), with team projects to work on periodically together. In the MIP, you’ll explore…
- Marriage First
- The Cleaving Principle
- The Unity Principle
- Communication is Key
- Attacking Anger
- The Wife’s Role
- The Husband’s Role
- The Principle of Sexual Sanity
You can order copies for yourself, or download the free E-book version by going to the FREE RESOURCES – GROWTH RESOURCES tab at the top of the page!