I’ve been giving a lot of thought to the concept and act of love lately. You can tell that from some of my recent posts (here, and here). Most of us have a pretty good idea about what love is… but it’s always helpful to get a reminder. I just came across a new book entitled “Love Works” [book / ebook – affiliate links] by Joel Manby. He’s President and CEO of the company that owns Dollywood, Stone Mountain, and other theme parks around the country – and as such is approaching love as it should be included in the work world. Hmmmmmm. Learn more about Joel in the video at the end of this post.
Anyway… his book has some great food for thought, especially in my pondering of love. He builds it around these main points:
- Be patient—demonstrate self-control in difficult situations.
- Be kind—show encouragement and enthusiasm.
- Be trusting—place confidence in those around you.
- Be unselfish—think of yourself less.
- Be truthful—define reality corporately and individually.
- Be forgiving—release the grip of the grudge.
- Be dedicated—stick to your values in all circumstances.
All of those are taken directly from 1 Corinthians 13 by the way.
There’s a lot more for me to ponder. I really think the LORD is trying to tell me something…