The best or worst or slightly interesting of the web over the last week (from my humble perspective)
- I found an interesting and helpful post on 3 Reflections on Leading Your Family Well. It’s written mainly to Pastors (and well it should be). What are the 3 things? 1) The church can get another pastor, but your kids can’t get another dad. 2) . The church can get another pastor, but your wife has only one husband—and she needs a good one. 3) A day off is not just a good idea—it is essential. You can read the rest of it HERE.
- Have you ever witnessed one of those volatile, public exchanges between a parent and their teen? Did you ever wonder how it got to that point in the first place? HERE is a great article on the subject – Don’t just wait until they are teens.
- I often say to my kids, and to my church family, “People are more important than things.” HERE is another take on that same idea.
- I’ve long felt that much of what church professionals refer to “Christian Counselors” is the exact type of thing the church itself should be handling (and not just the paid staff). HERE is an excellent article and that exact subject, to which I say “AMEN!”
- There are such things as “biblical” principles and teachings. Amen, hallelujah, “Yes, Jesus.” BUT – many people conveniently accept the “biblical” principles that fit where they want to go, and ignore others that don’t. HERE is a HILARIOUS, tongue-in-cheek example -“16 Ways to Find a Wife According to the Bible.“