The best or worst or slightly interesting of the web over the last week (from my humble perspective)
- HERE are 3 reasons people don’t need more evidence to believe in God.
- At some point all of us have wondered, “If God is so loving, how could He send people into the eternal torments of hell?” – Want an answer? Check out this one.. HERE
- I came across an excellent post from T.J. Addington entitled “Shallow Cliff Notes Christianity”… I’m tempted to call it “Pseudo-Christianity.” Anyway, here are the reasons he thinks Christianity in our culture is shallow, lacking in substance…
- One: suffering seems to be a lost subject and we are surprised when it surfaces in our lives.
- Two: Western believers as a group are, (how do I say it?), stingy with God. The average evangelical gives something like two percent of their income back to Him.
- Three: American evangelicalism has very little to say about sin.
- Four: We are far more consumed with our, lives, careers, pleasures and interests than we are with joining God in His work in our world.
- Five: American Evangelicals don’t truly believe that lost people are lost for eternity apart from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We are more likely to share our latest weight loss plan than we are Jesus.
- You can read the entire post HERE
- HERE are 3 biblical reasons to go to church.
- THIS article focuses on an issue close to home for me (about 2 hours away, where we do most of our shopping every other week). When fire forces you from your home.
- This Flash Mob performing Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy” made me cry. Really.