The best or worst or slightly interesting of the web over the last week (from my humble perspective)
- I’ve always been both skeptic and fan of the high profile Christian “celebrities.” There’s a reason most of them have such notoriety… they are very gifted by God. But on the other hand, there’s the danger of people viewing them wrongly, and them seeing themselves as the light, instead of one on whom the light shines. This article speaks to those of us who are looking on, addressing the way we view those people who God is greatly using… and encourages us to make much of the gospel they proclaim, not just of them.
- There has been a ton of controversy in theological circles lately about whether or not it really matters that Adam and Eve were historical people, or just myths used to tell a story. I’ve always seen that it matters tremendously, for many reasons. This post helps clarify why that is the case.
- Many Christians have heard of the already-in-heaven Larry Burkett, Ron Blue, and Dave Ramsey. But I wonder how many really apply the principles these financial teachers extract from the scriptures. In case you’re feeling convicted, here’s a post to help you know the basics of biblical personal finance.
- You say you like to have technology, well I do too. The problem is when the technology has you. Is technology becoming a prison for you? Thought provoking pictures.
- Finally, a quick (13 minute) video (below) about Discerning between good and evil in a complicated world.