The best or worst or slightly interesting of the web over the last week (from my humble perspective)
- In my years as a Pastor I’ve talked with more than a handful of women whose husbands have hard hearts toward the gospel. It’s a sad situation, and one that is heavy on the heart of the wife in question. This article, by a woman who knows that pain, is very, very helpful.
- The signers of the Declaration of Independence were a varied lot. Some were farmers (John Adams), others were ministers (John Witherspoon). Here is advice for raising godly children from the later of those two. Numbers 5, 6, 9, and 10 are especially applicable in our day.
- Would you classify yourself as an introvert or an extrovert? Do you feel like it’s just the way you’re wired? I’d probably agree with you… I’m introverted in many ways and enjoy being so. But there needs to be a balance between how we are wired, and how the LORD might desire to use us, even in situations that don’t fit our wiring. I appreciated this post that ponders the issue…
- Almost every one of us has a hard time reading the Bible – and don’t even know it! We might think we “get it” but there are many ways in which we don’t. Why? Because the biblical world is not our world.
- If you’re into grammar or literature, you’ll get a kick out of this video. And if you ever had to write a “Haiku” in English composition class… you should like it too!