The best or worst or slightly interesting of the web over the last week (from my humble perspective)
- Why does it seem (or is it only me) that when cultural shifts or radical departures from the norm happen, CHRISTIANS ARE THE FIRST TO PANIC AND THE LOUDEST IN DOING IT? It’s always bugged me. We are people of faith in the everlasting, all-powerful, Creator of all that is. We should be the least panicked of anyone. Mark Dever agrees.
- Sin is a lying, thieving, soul-destroying cancer that eats away at the human soul. Here are 5 lies that sin tells you.
- Here is a brand new and totally free E-book from John Piper about the influence C.S. Lewis has had on his life. Enjoy!
- There have been many Bible translations over the years. Some helpful, some not so much. One of my favorites is the “Da Jesus Book” which I learned about while pastoring in Hawaii (which I’d put on the “helpful” side of the scale). It was only a matter of time until this happened… now I present to you, “The TEXAS Bible.”
- If you’ve ever been totally confused by all those multi-syllabic coffee drinks at your local coffee shop. Below is a chart I found at this site that can help you out. Really (click on it for a larger version).