The best or worst or slightly interesting of the web over the last week (from my humble perspective)
- Have you ever wondered how people in the Old Testament days were saved? Was it by keeping the law? Here’s the answer – plain and simple.
- What is prayer really about? Getting what you want? Enlisting God to come to your aid? Worship? This article gives a great perspective.
- Here is an amazing story of those mysterious things that happen in God’s world that we can’t explain. It’s good to know that in spite of our greatest efforts at understanding we serve One who truly does.
- I’ve long been a bit miffed that folks are so prone to say “Judge not lest you be judged” as a reason to eliminate all criticism (good or bad). It’s an abuse of what Jesus said. Sam Storms writes on the subject here in a very clear way… here’s part of what he says, “The irony, of course, is that in judging us for judging others they are themselves violating the very commandment to which they want to hold us accountable!”
- Persecution for being a Christian is far from over in our “modern” day. Afghanistan is one of the most persecuted, and we seldom hear about it.