I’m your regular sort of guy – only I served as a pastor (for just over 20 years), I’m a father (of 5 + a wonderful daughter-in-law), and I’ve been a husband (since 1989)! I write mainly out of a desire to encourage those who are followers of Christ to be serious about that task. But as my life has changed (stepping out of ministry, as one example) so have my impressions of what it means to follow Christ in the day to day of normal life.
Some of the things you’ll see me writing about:
- Business, making money, and entrepreneurship – from a crazy-for-Christ perspective.
- Writing… I’m working on a novel right now and have already done some non-fiction works. I’m learning a lot and will probably want to share it here.
- Spiritual life and vitality on a personal level (which means you and me as individuals) and corporate level (which means “us” as a church).
- Cultural trends and popular mindsets and how they impact discipleship.
- The paths the LORD is walking me down personally… kind of like a journal :).
- And I also do a weekly blog casserole… a “best and worst or moderately interesting” compilation of stuff I’ve found on the internet.
You can read more of my story on my ministry website page… but in case you’re not up for that kind of a “serious” read, here’s a snapshot of stuff about me that you really don’t care to know, but I’m telling you anyway…
10 random things about me that have little to do with anything else I have to say…
- I’ve been known to yell at the TV screen.
- I typically don’t like the “home team” – no matter where I live.
- I was once struck by lightning – indirectly. Maybe that explains a few things…
- I play the drums, bass guitar, and I-pod.
- When I was in high school, the bumper sticker on my car read, “If you love something, set it free. If it doesn’t come back, hunt it down and kill it.”
- My big brother quit picking on me the minute I got taller than him. Go figure.
- I have learned more from my wife than from any other individual on the planet. No doubt.
- When I was in grade school, I rushed home every afternoon to watch “Speed Racer.“
- At my funeral, I’d hate it if anyone said, “He had such potential…
- My wife says I make up words… often… in sermons.
- BONUS: If you want to see me get very, Very, VERY angry… put a video game controller in my hand.
Thanks for your interest.
You can subscribe at the top…